December 2022--Week 4 Meals

 Day 1: Christmas Day!!!  We had the a huge family meal at our house on Christmas Day!  Baked ham, baked beans, mac and cheese...all the fixings!!!  I hope you and your family had a great Christmas!  I know we did!!


Cookies for Santa!

Leaving their glitter dust so Santa can find the house!

Opening presents Christmas morning!

Day 2: Lasagna Soup with Breadsticks 

It was still really cold in NC the day after Christmas, so what's better than a soup on a cold day?  I tried my hand at the lasagna soup recipe and my family gave this a 4 out of 5!  One thing we noted, we would probably add a little more broth, as the noodles sucked up the juice and it was less of a soup.  This recipe also calls for hot sausage...if you aren't a hot sausage person, this may be a little too spicy.  We are probably going to use mild next time we make it!  Lasagna is one of my favorite Italian meals, so this was a good spin on it!

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/lasagna-soup/

Day 3: Crockpot Swiss Steak with Mashed Potatoes & Biscuits

This recipe called for round steak or cubed steak.  I chose cubed steak because that is what I'm used to working with...cube steak is hit or miss when you cook it, it can be either too tough or fall apart good.  Luckily for me, it was fall apart good in this recipe!  My family gave this a 3 out of 5 on the taste scale...my husband wants to use the round steak next time and see if it has better flavor.  Remember in my first food post how I said I was going to use all the ingredients it called for...well on this one, it called for 1/2 cup of white wine...I didn't want to open a whole bottle of wine for a 1/2 cup, so I just added more beef broth...next time, I will sacrifice the bottle of wine, I'm sure it would have had better taste there also!  We will try again for sure, but with those little changes!

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/crockpot-swiss-steaks/

I started taking pictures of the food tonight also!

Day 4: Sausage Tortellini Soup with Breadsticks 

This was an easy meal to make.  I actually had to work a little later than normal on this night and my husband took the reins on the meal so we could eat when I got home!  It was something different for sure, but I really enjoyed it.  My husband and I gave it a 4 out of 5--my old daughter wasn't the biggest fan, I think because of the Kale aspect of it.  One note to make, I couldn't find refrigerated tortellini in our local grocery store, it just came off the shelf...I don't think it made any real difference!

https://thecozycook.com/sausage-tortellini-soup/



Day 5: Pizza Sliders

Another play on pizza in my house!  I think me and the Kaitlin could eat pizza every night and never get tired of it, but my husband needs something different, so we tried the sliders on this Thursday night!  Kaitlin loved them, Scott was okay with them.  Again, he isn't a fan of sliders being a meal, he sees them more as an appetizer.  So it was a 3 out of 5 for him, Kaitlin was a 4 out of 5.  If I make them again, I will add more pepperoni because I could have used more meat and less sauce!  For sure, something we will have again!

https://sugarspiceandglitter.com/pizza-sliders-sandwich-casserole/


Day 6: Family night out!  It was another Buffalo Wild Wing night!!!

Day 7: New Year's Eve--My Birthday!!!

I turned 39, my last year in my 30s!  Scott threw me a small party and we had so many yummy foods!  He made a cheesy rotel sausage dip with chips, BBQ meatballs, Ham and Cheese Sliders (see he brought it back already!).  A good friend of mine brought spinach dip and a really yummy cheeseball with chocolate chips and nuts!  Margaritas and football, we brought in the new year with some of our friends and it was wonderful!

I just got done writing out our January calendar, I can't wait to share that with you all tomorrow!  I hope everyone has a great New Year's Day!  My mom tells me not to do any cleaning today, it's apparently bad luck...I don't plan on cleaning, but I do plan on cooking!  Until next time!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2022--Week 2 Meals

December 2022--Week 1 Meals

Welcome Back--Meal Prepping!!!