Not much longer...

Well, today is Tuesday and my due date is Friday...hard to believe that Kaitlin is almost here.  This has been a great 40 weeks...scary, interesting, life changing!  Scott has been the perfect husband throughout this whole experience...I couldn't have asked for a better companion and friend through all this.  I love him so much!  We are really keeping our fingers crossed on keeping Friday as the due date because that is a very special day for my family.  October 22nd, my grandfather, who just passed away this past Thursday, was going to be 92.  I remember when we told him what my due date was, his face lit up so brightly and he smiled and looked at us and said "That's my birthday"...I was like "I know!"  And the response from my ever country bumpkin grandpa was "Well I'll be..."  He was so excited and I think that it would be a great way to honor him for his first great-granddaughter to have his birthdate.  So Kaitlin, mommy and daddy are counting on you to come on Friday ;)

So her full name is going to be Kaitlin Elizabeth Pickett....Kaitlin after my friend since 3rd Grade Kaitlin, and Elizabeth is after my Grandmother, who I was so incredibly close to and have always known that my little girl was going to have Elizabeth in her name.  It is funny because when Scott and I were picking names, he was perfectly fine with Elizabeth, but we couldn't agree on a first name.  I wanted Mary, and he said it made him think of that movie Superstar and how her name was Mary Catherine Galliger and it sounded like a nuns name, LOL...my husband.  So one night, we were eating dinner with Kaitlin and her roommate Kim and she was like why don't you just name her Kaitlin Elizabeth, that would be perfect!  She was obviously joking around when she told us this, but then a few days later we were on our way to the mountains for a wedding and Scott said he really liked the way it sounded and I did too, so we finally agreed on something!!

So for now, that is all I have for my first posting...I am new at this, so maybe next time my blog will be longer and more interesting...who knows, maybe the next blog will be telling you about Kaitlin coming into the world!  I hope so anyway!

Have a good day!

The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.
Elbert Hubbard


My Grandfather and Me last Christmas

Kaitlin and Me at her 25th birthday

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 2022--Week 4 Meals

December 2022--Week 2 Meals

December 2022--Week 1 Meals