Today I thought of you...

Today I thought of you...were you sitting beside me in the car as I drove down 95 Hwy on the way to work?  I was singing and then you hit me like a ton of bricks, I even think I heard you talking for a minute.  Has it really been 20 years since you left us??  I think about all the things that I miss about you...your constant worrying (I actually miss that).  I miss your cooking...your deviled eggs (which I have mastered); your Strawberry Jam (that Mrs. Linda can make and it tastes just like yours, but it is still not the same); your Chocolate Pies (again, Mrs. Phyllis can make it and it taste just like yours, yet still, it is not the same).  I miss those summer days that we would just sit in the afternoons...I would watch TV and you would watch me.  I was so young then, and thought I had all the time in the world with you...I really should have just talked more with you.

I also think about all the things you have missed.  I graduated High School, then College.  You missed Dad walking me down the aisle in the church that you loved so much.  You missed my first dance with my husband (and you would absolutely love him, Grandpa did).  You missed me dancing with dad, and you know that was hard for him, because he hates being in the spotlight.  You missed the birth of your SIX grandchildren!  What would you think about that!  Four wonderful, rambunctious boys and two beautiful girls; and one is named after you, Kaitlin Elizabeth.  You missed me moving away from everyone, and then coming back, because there is nothing better in this world than to be so close to your family.  You would love that Craig built a house right down the road from yours and that my family is looking to be even closer in the very near future.  You missed watching Craig and myself start some amazing careers, and oddly enough, in the same type of organizations.  Craig works for the Town of Smithfield, close to dad, but in Public Works, and I work for the Town of Benson, as the Finance Director.  

You missed some very sad things too...the death of Grandpa and then Uncle Lebo.  But the thought of you all together again in Heaven makes me smile.  Tell them Hello and that we miss them!  We miss you too, we miss you all everyday.  

I say you missed all these things, but I know you see it all unfolding.  I know you would be proud of the Father, Husband, Uncle, Son that Craig has become, and the Mother, Wife, Aunt, Daughter I have become.  But sometimes I think, it would be so nice to just be able to sit down and talk to you all about it.  One day we will...and that gives me a happy, peaceful feeling.  Love you, come sit with me again soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2022--Week 4 Meals

December 2022--Week 2 Meals

December 2022--Week 1 Meals