December 2022--Week 3 Meals

 We are rounding out week 3 of meals, I hope you are enjoying the recipes!

Night 1: Garner Family Christmas!  My cousins and I treated our aunts and uncles to a Taco Bar for Christmas this year!  Needless to say, we didn't need anything else after this amazing lunch!

My cousins that were able to attend the family gathering!  I'm the second youngest of the group, but my youngest cousin wasn't able to make it.  He was rocking out the band world that weekend!

All of the cousins with our amazing spouses!

My little family :)

My Aunts and Uncles!  They have done so much for us over the years, it was nice to let them relax for a meal and treat them!

Night 2: BBQ Pulled Pork with Baked Beans and Slaw

This is one of my set it and forget it meals!  I got the pork in the crockpot that morning and headed to work.  I wasn't feeling the best and on my way to work, I learned one of my coworkers had COVID.  As a precaution, I stopped on my way into the office and got a test to make sure I was good...well I tested positive for COVID.  So I grabbed some belongings for a week of quarantine in my room and headed home.  Scott had to do all the meals for this week, and I'm so thankful that he did, because this was a good week of meals.  

So, Scott finished up this meal.  He shredded the pork, made homemade slaw and heated up some Bush's baked beans on the stove!  This was another keeper for sure!  The BBQ was not your typical NC BBQ, it obviously didn't have vinegar in it, but it had some really good spices and was something different...which is what we wanted, right!

https://butterwithasideofbread.com/slow-cooker-bbq-pulled-pork/

Night 3: Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Fruit Salad 

Another successful casserole!  This was actually very good!  Scott and I agreed that it could use more chicken in the dish, but for the first time, we really enjoyed it.  Anytime I can get a vegetable in my food, that is a good thing (I am not a huge vegetable eater).  I guess I should mention, Brooklyn and William don't eat anything we cook, but Kaitlin does.  She has enjoyed these new meals for sure!  The fruit salad was simply a frozen bag of mixed fruit.  It was something easy.  In the summer, I do love to get fresh fruit, cut it up and put together in a bowl.  In the middle of the winter, I will settle for the frozen bag :)  It had strawberry, mango, peaches and pineapple in it!  Another keeper for us!

https://thecozycook.com/broccoli-cheddar-chicken-and-rice-casserole/

Night 4: Chicken parmesan Sliders 

Another slider, but this one was a little more hearty than the ham and cheese sliders.  I am a huge fan of traditional chicken parmesan, my husband will make it for me on special occasions because it's a time consuming meal.  This was a good improvisor to the actual meal!  Kaitlin really enjoyed these sliders as well!  

https://iamhomesteader.com/chicken-parmesan-sliders/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=1004098130_45608976_197368

Night 5: Left over/clean out fridge night!  It's my last night of quarantine, I'm ready to break out!

Night 6 & 7: Taco Soup with Frito Scoops!

I knew that this would be one that we would freeze the leftovers for another time.  I absolutely love a good taco soup!  It's December 23, and if you followed the weather in NC, it was FREEZING!!  This was just what the doctor ordered!  Oh, and did I mention...it's a set it and forget it meal!  I mixed everything in the crockpot that morning and let simmer all day long!  Since this was my day to break out of the house finally, and I really hadn't seen my kids since Monday, we decided to run to Garner to make a Target run and get a couple of last minute gifts that I hadn't been able to get.  We ended up eating at Logan's for a late lunch, so when we got home, I put the soup in the fridge and saved it for Saturday night.  This was Christmas Eve, and Scott's mom usually comes to stay with us, so she can see the kids on Christmas morning.  My parents ended up with COVID also, so Christmas Eve is usually spent at their house...this year, we had to stay home.  We ate the Taco Soup and it was so delicious!  We ended up putting an entire freezer bag up for a meal on another day!

https://www.countrysidecravings.com/easy-taco-soup/

I can't wait to share the last week of December with you!  I'm currently working on January's calendar, I'm hoping it has as many good meals as this month did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2022--Week 4 Meals

December 2022--Week 2 Meals

December 2022--Week 1 Meals